Just afew of the coments from Orange users

My contract expired on 6th january this year and Orange are trying to tell me that I still need to give them 30 days notice. This is untrue. I spoke to my solicitor last night and was informed that they're trying it on! I have cancelled my direct debit with this unprofessional organisation and will reccommend to my friends and colleagues that they do the same. I have been an Orange custome for a number of years but would never go back to them, even if they offered free calls! There is enough competition out there to expect a decent service and that is exactly what I have not been getting from Orange!

These people are blaggers of the highest (lowest?) order and seem to have the beaurocratic bible stuffed up their A***s!

Bad company, please avoid!

kaya007 at 17th Jan 2007, 11:54AM
I'm back again. My contract with orange has now been cancelled. Just to tell you how petty this company is i sent an email to Orange CEO Sanjiv Ahuja complaining about the company. I didn't get any response but my email address was blacklisted. When i sent a reply to the email customer services sent me, it bounced back with a 553 error - "Sorry, your email address has been blacklisted" LOL (luckily i used a yahoo address so i don't care)
so anyone who needs Sanjiv Ahuja's email address let me know i'll be plastering it all over the web...

naijaman at 15th Jan 2007, 02:00PM
Not a good experience with these guys at all. I would not do business with again. I have been with T-Mobile before and left them amicably, but not this shower.

Firstly, their staff seem to be amongst the most militant bunch of doofuses I have ever dealt with, they are ALL TO QUICK to get on the defensive even when dealing with civil requests.

Secondly they agreed a contract with me, said I could send the phone back if I did't like it, so I did (on my own expense which is fair enough) then when I asked for a different phone (no higher spec) they said the contract offer had expired, none of this was I told if I sent my phone back. SO I cancelled then they have, I believe ripped me off with my final bill, saying I have sent 150 text messages in 11 days, (my usual monthly total being exactly that) I asked for proof of this and they said I would have to pay for it!!! I am not going to pay any further money so I just took the hit.

Also the usual problems about taking 20 mins to get through to someone, and CONTINUOUSLY being passed down the line.

Just started with Vodafone and hoping for a better service now - too early to tell though.

The Peoples Princess at 14th Jan 2007, 01:52PM
where do i start. i've been with orange for about 5 years now and i'll advise everyone to stay away from them. i'm currently in the process of cancelling my account with them. i'm on a 12 month contract which is renewed in january. in november, an orange customer agent called me offering a new contract giving me free unlimited evening calls (starting from 7pm -7am) in addition to my existing 200 minutes. i was quite surprised as i wasn't aware orange had such a deal. i should have asked for written confirmation as you should never trust what any of their agents say. i agreed to the offer but was surprised to discover on my next bill that i was charged for calls made after 7pm. when i called to complain i was told that the agent who called me made a mistake and the free evening calls actually started at 8pm and ends at midnight. after speaking to a supervisor they agreed to refund the cost of all calls made between 7pm and 8pm. i complained that i would not have agreed to the deal if i knew it wasn't 7pm to 7am. (with hindsight i should have cancelled it then)
the following month i noticed that calls made after 8pm were deducted from the 200 anytime minutes talktime instead of been 'free calls'. when i complained i was told that in the terms of conditions of the offer, the evening free calls only kick in after the 200 anytime minutes have been used up. i'm very unhappy at the moment and this is just the final straw. i can never trust them and i would never believe anything any of their operators say.

kamd at 23rd Oct 2006, 06:37PM
Sorry there is a error in my message about Orange, when i cancelled my cpntract they told me the live box was faulty and NOT the BT line. But I had been told for 4 weeks previous that it was my BTline.

Burnt_Toast at 23rd Oct 2006, 10:56AM
I recently saw and advert in the national press for Orange, a mobile contract £35 a month, unlimited texts, 550 mins of calls, a free phone and (what attracted me most) free broadband.
What a mistake I made!
Firstly I have to say Orange were efficent at sending me the mobile handset, I got it the day after I called to set up the contract. I was happy with the phone, but it was just over a week later, when i received Oranges' "livebox modem" when the problems strarted.
I have a reasonable knowledge of computers, I got the livebox and set it up as instructed.
I tried to connect to the internet, but I got an error message. I tried a few times more, but still no joy.
So I rang up the Orange broadband customer support line. I explained the problem I was encountering, and they said they would run through the set up to make sure, I had the correct wires going inot the correct places.
I was told that the way I had my livebox set up was correct, and the only reason why it would not connect was because they could be a fault with my BT line. They told me they would do a line test to see what the problem was and for me to ring back in 2 hours.
I rung back and the results were "no fault found". I tried to connect for a few more days and still could not connect to the internet. I then was told I had to have another line test, and for me to ring back in two hours; I rang back two hours later (it was now 10pm)and I was told they would have to do ANOTHER line test and for me to ring back in 2 hours (or the results wouls disappear from their system). So I said "you want me to ring back at midnight? I have up be up for work at 4.30am! Do think it is a reasonable request?" "ok sir" they replied phone tomorrow it will be ok, so why did they tell me the bullsh*t about the system will lose the results of the line test after 2 hours.
(Thats 1 of many lies they told me!)
After another week or so I rung to see what was the status was of my BT line. Another line test was needed, and I had to ring back in 2 hours. By now I was sick of ringing back to get line test results. Why should I phone THEM back? Why cant they ring ME!? Thats not possible sir, thats bullsh*t You work for one of the uk's biggest telecommunication companies but you cant make any outgoing calls!! By now I was getting pretty hacked off.
I rang back the next day, and I was told they had found a fault on my BT line (at last I thought, they have found the problem!), I wa told within 24 hours the fault would be fixed and I would be able to connect ot the internet. I tried to connect after 24 hours, and suprise, suprise, it did not work. I kept on insisting that they send me another livebox and this would then determine whether the modem was at fault, but they were insistant it was my BT line and not the modem.
I rang back AGAIN and was told they had found another fault on my BT line and I was to call back in 5 working days and it would definatley be fixed.
Five working days went by, and it still did not work. So I rung orange and told them that I wanted to cancel my mobile contract. I was told that you can only cancel the contract after 14 days, and it now been 28 days. (Yes 28 days without the internet!!).
I said you have not kept your side of the contract (free broadband) so b*llocks to your 14 day rule, they agreed eventually.
I was then put through to a broadband support supervisor, asking me why I was cancelling. I told him what problems I had encountered and he said after looking at all my line test results, they showed that it was a livebox modem fault and a line fault! So who was lying? him? or the rest of the broadband support team? This made me even more angry.
The next day they sent me a bag to return the mobile phone, which I did.
My first bill, which I received shortly before I cancelled was for 2 months line rental (1 month in advance). So when I cancelled obvisouly I didnt owe al the money they were asking.
Next came the dilema of trying to settle what money was owed to orange and what money I was in credit by.
Virtually every time I rang Orange what ever time of day, whatever day of the week, they are always experiencing high call volume! Then when you get put through to somebody, and ask to be transferd to a different department you are put on hold for ages (I know all their songs they play off by heart now!) and then get told you have been put through to the wrong person, and then put on hold again!
After about another 6 phone calls, I have been promised a cheque for £22 in the next week (seeing is believing!)
I'm still waiting for a bag to return my (useless) livebox modem.

All in all an completey incompetent organisation who's customer service is the worst I have ever had the misfortune to experience.


Burnt_Toast at 20th Oct 2006, 09:22PM
Well...I wrote to the one of the directors at her home address obtained from Companies House and that was over a fortnight ago. Guess what? No reply. Nothing. Nada. And it was a polite letter. The culture of a company is set from the top. Since she can't be bothered to respond, it is hardly surprising that their service is so full of s**t.

Londonman at 20th Oct 2006, 08:31AM
DIRECT DEBIT sharp practice! Orange seem to have developed a way to take more money off their customers by not setting up DD in time to catch the first payment, and then levying at least non-direct debit charge.

SUMMARY BILL sharp practice! Same thing here, even if you have said you don't want a summary bill, Orange are quite happy to relieve their customers of this small sum of money at every opportunity.

WRITING INSTEAD OF PHONING! Here's their customer services address at Bristol:

Customer Services – "Correspondence"
P O Box 10
Patchway
BRISTOL
BS32 4BQ

I urge anyone who has experienced the same kind of difficulties with incorrect DD or Summary Bill charges to write to them. I got £11.40 off my next bill and my daughter got a £10 credited off hers. It took some persistence to get this address, which doesn't seem to be give on their website. I only got it by phoning their Bristol Office and badgering the telephonist to give me the postal address. Best of luck!

peeved_of_nuneaton at 11th Oct 2006, 10:38AM
OK, let's start with the "We are currently receiving a very high number of calls..." message when you phone them. It's not because people are calling to say WELL DONE is it! It's because they offer a terrible customer service.. in fact a terrible service full stop. I was quite excited when we, as a family, moved to Orange but that was quickly shattered when my wife took a "free" upgrade and was then charged £150 for it. To keep it short, it was our fault, obviously, as she was mistook the phrase "it's free" for "that'll be £150 charged to your next bill". After lots of calls and a chap in India telling me how the British banking system works and that I should cancel the direct debit to avoid the amount going out..... Know what, like Orange, I can't be bothered with this. They are pointless, and totally useless. I have had an endless string of cut off calls, rude people and brick walls when I try to complain. Don't go near them, don't use them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will never use orange again they are so incomipant of doing a right job and as for they're customer service theyre isnt any! NEVER AGAIN

Anonymous said...

orange shop doesnt just suck, it's rubbish! i have just tried contacting them over my phone and what do i get? number not reconised! i would do and visit the shop and give them what for but im really bad on my legs, and they call themselves good? relible company i dont think so. Considering taking this to Watch dog