Orange billing... Wrong AGAIN!!!

  1. Paul Says:

    Orange = Incredibly difficult to deal with - they keep getting my billing wrong and then blocking the phone for unpaid bills - eventually I get them to re-set the phone and unblock it - admitting their mistake. Then about 1 month later they do the same again. This is my wife’s phone and she needs case of breakdown (you know the kind of thing) …. but get this …. when you try to ring customer services (from the handset = 150 free call) …. guess what … you can’t cause your blocked … probably having broken down in some dire wilderness of a place miles from anywhere (they block with no warning - so beware) - anyway - nice one Orange … absolute Cr@p service

1 comment:

little-miss-lolz said...

hey you will never guess who this is but yer laura i have a bit on your front page im the girl who got a bill for over £200 for a phone upgrade, just wanted to send a post to say that, that happend 2 years ago and im now getting hassled again by them, after the whitby paper helped me they "cut off" my sim card and did not send me a letter for months, all of a sudden i started getting letter after letter from them now telling me i need to pay them £164 for a contracted they have cut off, after a year of hastle my dad payed the off a £150 and told them to leave us alone they are still not happy and have now sent our name to a dept collector. iv sent a letter to watchdog but it looks like im stuck in this again im now 18, skint and seem to be working for nothing as orange steal money off me.